Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

laughter...=)

laughter does the heart good. i had a great time last week visiting with some good friends. david had to work, but i went so i could hang out. i had planned to work on some ministry stuff, but instead, i found myself enjoying the company of others.

the interesting thing is that a lot of us have experienced some difficult times recently. we talked, hugged, and cried a little, but then we somehow got caught up in laughter. in the cheerfulness and company of friends, we just laughed about everything and nothing at all. and it felt good...and right.

it just got me thinking how i'm not sure i've ever thanked GOD for laughter. laughter allows me to set aside my cares. it reminds me that there is still so much good left in the world. laughter and friends are 2 of GOD's greatest creations. thanks, GOD, i'll try to remember to laugh more often.

2 comments:

Rick Womack said...

reminds me of the time God taught me to thank Him for the ability to walk...

I was travelling for EC during the summer, had just finished a summer youth camp and a special needs camp was coming in next - we were headed out to minsiter in a local church. As I walked toward the canteen, up ahead, there was a young boy with his legs in braces. He couldn't pick up his right leg and you could hear the incessant scraping of metal along the concrete sidewalk.

God's Spirit overwhelmed me with a "perspective check" for what I could do...and, what I couldn't do - I could walk without having to worry about the weight of a limb holding me back or bringing undue attention to myself. But, I could never feel the joy that perhaps that young boy had maybe felt when he first began to "walk again" with the assistance of medicical miracles.

Perspective...it's a wonderful thing.

Thanks for the post Hope - I enjoyed the laughter as well...

hope hammond said...

thanks for sharing your story. cool story.