Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

that which does not kill us makes us...

"that which does not kill us makes us stronger" -- friedrich nietzsche

i used to say that a lot, but then for a while i got stuck emotionally and couldn't get out of that funk i was in. therefore, i added a little to it..."that which does not kill us makes us stronger...or bitter" -- nietzsche and hammond.

and it's true. we do have a choice...to be stronger or to be bitter. now, i choose to be stronger. i use my experiences to help others and to add value to their lives as well as my own.

i figured that i might as well take the crappy stuff in my life and use it for good. it's my choice.

this new perspective has made me feel more at peace and more in control of my life and situations. sure, i don't have the innocence and naivety i used to, but i'm better for it now. i'm smarter and wiser. and my experiences keep me from getting blindsided so much. they help me see the path before me a lot clearer. i choose to be strong today.

No comments: